This amazing collection features songs by selected Music PEI Award winners from 2002 to 2014 and spans a wide array of musical styles, from folk, country, and bluegrass to jazz, pop, blues, rock, and more. The project commemorates not only the history of the awards and hard work of Music PEI, the association which promotes, fosters, and develops artists and the music industry on PEI, but also PEI 2014 Inc.’s celebrations.
- Cynthia MacLeod – The Warlocks|Bog An Lochan|Cooley’s Reel|The Banshee|Splltiskrtty
- Fiddlers’ Sons – Gaspereaux
- Bluestreak – Maples Shade
- Paul Bernard and Este Mundo – Isla Rosada
- Janet McGarry – Looking Toward Sunrise
- Vishten – Monsieur L’Matou
- Rose Cousins – If You Were Me
- Ashley Condon – The Neighbours Ain’t Home
- Richard Wood – The Devil’s Delight
- Eddy Quinn – Write What You Know
- Max Keenlyside – Charlottetown Rambler
- Al Tuck – Tomorrow
- Gordon Belsher – O’Carolan’s Draught
- Ten Strings and a Goat Skin – Night They Moved The House
- Hanted Hearts – Don’t Cross Your Heart
- Meaghan Blanchard – She’s Gonna Fly
- Gordie MacKeeman and his Rhythm Boys – Working Title
- Catherine MacLellan – Eastern Girl
- Scott Parsons – Alligator Skin
- Nathan Wiley – High Low
- Chas Guay and Christina Forgeron – Victim
- Ian Toms – The Chase
- Mars Hill – The World Is a Cult
- The Blueprints – Early In The Morning
- Pat Deighan & The Orb Weavers – Los Diablos
- Two Hours Traffic – Sure Can Start
- John Connolly – The Great Fire
- Tim Chaisson and Morning Fold – Broken Hearted Beat
- Dennis Ellsworth – Electric Stars
- Paper Lions – My Friend
- Raccoon Bandit – Silver Bullet
- North Lakes – Grab Me By The Lapel
- English Words – People I Love
- Wildcat – Paul Simon
- Death Valley Driver – Sleeping All December
One of the first to be inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame Gene MacLellan was one of the most gifted songwriters to come out of Canada. MacLellan wrote such classic international hits as "Snowbird" recorded by Anne Murray and "Put Your Hand In The Hand" by Ocean, both earning Grammy Awards for the artists that covered them.
Elvis Presley, Joan Baez and Bing Crosby were among the many other artists who recorded MacLellan's songs. Nearly two decades after his death, some of the many musicians he influenced gathered to celebrate the songs he left etched onto their hearts and record 'A Tribute To Gene MacLellan' at the church of his funeral in Prince Edward Island.
Artists contributing include Gene's daughter Catherine MacLellan - herself an acclaimed singer-songwriter-as well as iconic East Coast songwriters Ron Hynes and Lennie Gallant, both of whom had performed with MacLellan before his passing.
- Won’t Talk About Love – Catherine MacLellan
- The Call – Lennie Gallant
- Faces – Meaghan Blanchard
- Snowbird – Catherine MacLellan
- Continental Blues – Dennis Ellsworth & Haunted Hearts
- Just Want To Be Love By You – Scott Parsons
- Shilo Song – Lennie Gallant & Meaghan Blanchard
- If It’s Alright With You – Catherine MacLellan
- Face in the Mirror – Dennis Ellsworth & Haunted Hearts
- Thorn in My Shoe – John Connolly
- Godspeed – Ron Hynes
- Put Your Hand in the Hand – Ensemble
One of the first to be inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame, Gene MacLellan was one of the most gifted songwriters to come out of Canada.
Nearly two decades after his death, some of the many musicians he influenced gathered to celebrate the songs he left etched onto their hearts and record A Tribute To Gene MacLellan at the church of his funeral in Prince Edward Island in 2012.
Artists contributing include Gene's daughter Catherine MacLellan - herself an acclaimed singer-songwriter - as well as iconic East Coast songwriters Ron Hynes and Lennie Gallant, among others.
Black T's featuring the Credit Union May Run Music Festival 2015 logo on the front and listing of showcasing artist line-ups on the back. Limited quantities available.