June 1, 2015 | Save the Date!
Music PEI is very pleased to announce our eighth annual buyer’s conference, Showcase PEI 2015 taking place September 20 to 23.
Buyers are now being recruited from festivals, venues, conferences, agents and promoters from across Canada, USA and the UK. As in the past, each artist will have a 20 minute showcase set. Music PEI will provide full backline and professional sound presentation.
Submissions are open in the following categories:
You are eligible as an export ready artist/group if you meet all of the following criteria:
Have a current marketing and business plan.
- Minimum sales of 500 units of recording.
- Independent or established team/infrastructure (i.e.- management, agent, publicist, publishing, label).
- One recording commercially released (minimum 6 song EP) since January 2012.
- Commercial release is defined as professionally recorded and professionally manufactured CD complete with barcode for sale online and/or at retail outlets. If your last recording is older than this date but you have a new release coming please describe all details of the project and expected release date.
- Upcoming bookings or a contract for a current musical production. (i.e. live performance; stage production, song-writing collaboration, composition/sound track interest from film/TV etc.)
- Strong professional history and industry recognition (awards, nominations, reviews).
- You are eligible as an exporting artist/group if you meet 5 of the 8 criteria.
- Minimum 2 nationally distributed releases.
- One of these recordings must have been released within the last 36 months.
- One internationally distributed recording.
- Minimum 1,500 total unit sales of all recorded music products. You may be asked to provide proof.
- Airplay, National charting on published charts and video play.
- Marketing and business plan.
- Management/Self-management team with proven history.
- History of commitment to touring nationally and/or internationally.
- Industry Recognition
- Nominations, awards, etc.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, June 12, 2015 at midnight. You must be available for a showcase performance during those dates.
It is an online application process. It is short but important to note that the form cannot be saved. It will not time out but if your computer freezes or crashes work will not be saved. We recommend that you review the form prior to starting and build you application in Word (or similar). You may then copy and paste your answers.
You will be asked on the submission form to provide up to five delegates who you would like to see us bring to Showcase PEI. This is a great opportunity and we are looking forward to your feedback.
A complete delegate list will be available prior to the conference for participating artists.
One On One Business meetings between delegates and artists/managers will be arranged prior to the conference.
As with other Music PEI programs, you must be a PEI resident to be eligible. The primary artist and/or the majority of the group must have a permanent address in Prince Edward Island or the primary artist or registered company pays income tax to the Province of Prince Edward Island.
You must have a current Music PEI membership to apply. Your application will not be considered if your membership is not up to date.
You MUST also have an updated Music PEI profile listing. Please check your listing here. http://www.musicpei.com/lounge.
Applications will be reviewed and selected by an independent jury.
If you feel you meet the eligibility criteria, please << SUBMIT HERE>>
If you have any additional inquiries please contact email@example.com.