Music PEI will host the tenth annual Showcase PEI September 18 to 20, 2017. In 2008, Music PEI held the initial buyers conference in Charlottetown and invited 15 buyers from across Canada, the US and Japan. It has since grown to include 30 to 40 delegates each year. Over 200 delegates have attended Showcase PEI and they have included many types of music industry professionals from a dozen different countries around the globe.
Showcase PEI has created close to $2,000,000 in work for PEI artists through business development opportunities with a focus on export and international opportunities. The results have meant performances at some of the premier festivals and venues around the world and across Canada.
- Music Prince Edward Island (Music PEI) is the music industry association for the province of Prince Edward Island.
- Past and current membership of over 1000 artists or related companies.
- Music PEI is devoted to advancing careers of Island musicians and is actively seeking ways to promote, foster and develop the music industry on PEI.
- Music PEI provides business development and export opportunities as well as grants for our members.
- Our members include both internationally touring and emerging artists.
- Prince Edward Island (PEI) is the smallest province in Canada and is located on the eastern coast of the country.
- PEI is home to one of Canada’s greatest cultural exports, Anne of Green Gables.
In 2017, Showcase performances will take place in multiple venues including Trailside Café, The Mack, Florence Simmons Performance Hall or the PEI Brewing Company. Most of these showcases are closed to the public or offer only limited tickets to the general public which results in a relaxed and controlled environment for the delegates without having to put up with the large crowds normally associated with many of today’s music conferences. Only one showcase performance is scheduled at any given time with transportation provided for delegates to all venues.
Showcase PEI 2017 will focus primarily on creating live performance opportunities. Music PEI is currently recruiting delegates to attend Showcase PEI. If you are a music festival programmer, venue programmer, agent or promoter and are interested in attending Showcase PEI, please complete this form.
A limited number of selected Delegate applications will be eligible for financial assistance to attend including hotel and meals.
Selected Showcasing Artists must meet eligibility criteria and are classified as either currently exporting or export ready.
» See photos from Showcase PEI 2015 performances and events here
Our event is focused all around delegate care and making this a pleasurable experience for our guests. Feedback from delegates has been glowing such as this from US agent Ari Nisman (Degy Entertainment):
“I've been invited to speak, panel, lecture, and ‘do whatever’ for more companies and organizations than I can count over the last 13 years…and I don't remember having a red carpet as wide as yours! From the pick-up at the airport to the meals, hotel check-in, tours, and beyond, this was what I consider 100% first class service. I really felt like PEI was a second home for the 3 days we were up there. Amazing care!”
Showcases take place in both the afternoon and the evening on a Monday and Tuesday. Each year approximately 20 PEI artists are showcased and it is a diverse collection of styles and genres. Everything from pop, rock, alternative, roots, folk, Celtic, world, jazz and more are presented. There is world class music here being created on PEI by a committed group of emerging artists.
Here are a few other comments from delegates:
If you are a music industry professional and are interested in attending Showcase PEI 2017 please contact Rob Oakie for further information or complete the submission form.
- Mike Hill, the Director of the world renowned Mariposa Folk Festival in Ontario had this to say “10 out of 10 – I couldn’t have been treated better! In fact, I’ve never been treated so well in any professional capacity. Don’t really know how it could have been better.”
- Neil Pearson, Shrewsbury Festival/EFDSS, UK: “I cannot begin to express the amount of gratitude I have for you and your staff. Through the years of travel and conferences I have yet to encounter a warmer or more hospitable environment than Showcase PEI. I will be singing your praises for years to come, no doubt. The artists were fantastic, the new connections (and friends) were endless… and the meals were delicious!”
- Jennifer Pickering, the Artistic Director of the LEAF festival in North Carolina said “I usually have lots of ideas of how to improve but truly you all exceeded all my expectations. It was the most effective conference I have attended.”