June 7, 2018 | Music PEI is the music industry association for Prince Edward Island with a mandate to assist artists and industry professionals to create sustainable careers. Music PEI achieves this by delivering a government funded grant program for members, professional development programs, and business development activities. The organization is a non-profit company primarily funded through government investment. Annual membership ranges between 250 and 300 members and staff ranges from 2 up to 7 at any given time.
Scope of Work:
Music PEI is seeking proposals from qualified consultants, firms, or individuals to develop a new website, along with a Music PEI App. Specifically, the qualified consultant, firm, or individual will be required to:
- Create a website that gives users access to basic information without logging in, while allowing members to login and access members-only pages.
- Create a calendar that can be accessed by our entire member database.
- members must be able to add entries
- viewable by the public
- The website should maintain functionality on mobile devices
- Allows third party plugins such as voting portals, music players, jurying activities, social media feeds
- Allows staff to login and edit the content of the website as needed
- Train staff on using the website
- Option for member database, membership sign-up and renewals. It is possible that Music PEI could migrate our existing database system to the new website so this may be optional
- Most of the content on the current Music PEI website will be included in the new website- http://musicpei.com
- Create a conference app containing:
- Delegate & Artist biographies
- Workshop & Panel information
The target audience for our website will be musicians and industry professionals, as well as music listeners. The age range of these individuals varies from teens to seniors - therefore, it is essential that the public side of the website be easy to use for those who are not tech-savvy, while the member side can be more complex. The app will be used mainly by artists & industry professionals.
Our ideal goal for completion and launch is mid 2019, with a flexible timeline including:
-> first draft completed/review - winter 2018
-> final draft completed/review - spring 2019
-> launch - mid 2019
Proposals should include, but not be limited to, the following components:
- Evidence of extensive knowledge in website development
- Examples of past work and testimonials (if available) from previous clients
- Plan for ongoing support after website launch
- Please indicate whether development of the app will be outsourced and provide any additional information
Proposal Evaluation Criteria:
The consultant, firm, or individual shall be selected according to the following criteria:
- Experience and satisfactory performance on similar contracts
- The number, qualifications and experience of personnel to be assigned or made available
- Work organization and methodological approach
- Turnaround time established; workable and realistic timetable
- Degree of experience in working with nonprofits and arts organizations
- Availability of consultant, firm, or individual
- Overall proposal presentation
Instructions to Proponents:
All questions, requests for information, instructions, or clarifications regarding any part of this proposal document must be set out in writing and directed to:
Proposal Submissions and Closing Date:
The closing date for proposals is set for July 20th, 2018.
Only proposals that are emailed will be accepted; please use the subject “RFP - Website and App Development” and send to: