April 22, 2010 | Music PEI is very pleased to announce our third annual buyer’s conference, Showcase PEI 2010. Showcase PEI 2008 and 2009 were very successful in creating substantial work for Island artists.
Showcase PEI 2010 will take place September 27th and 28th. Buyers are now being recruited from festivals, venues, conferences, agents and promoters from across Canada, USA and the UK. Each artist will have a 20 minute showcase set. Music PEI will provide full backline and professional sound presentation. Showcases will take place at The Guild. Showcase PEI 2009 will feature export ready or currently exporting Island artists.
Export Ready Artists/Groups - You are eligible as an export ready artist/group if you meet all of the following criteria:
• Have a current marketing and business plan
• 1 recording commercially released (minimum 6 song EP) since January 2007. Commercial release is defined as professionally recorded and professionally manufactured CD complete with barcode for sale online and/or at retail outlets.
• Upcoming bookings or a contract for a current musical production, i.e. live performance; stage production, song-writing collaboration, composition/soundtrack interest from film/TV, etc.
• Strong professional history
• Independent or established team/infrastructure
Exporting Artists/Groups - You are eligible as an exporting artist/ group if you meet 5 of the 8 criteria:
• Minimum 2 nationally distributed releases. One of these recordings must have been released within the last 24 months or scheduled release prior to August 31st 2009. (Pre-release copy must be submitted with application)
• One internationally distributed recording
• Minimum 5,000 total unit sales of all recorded music products
• Airplay, National charting on published charts, video play
• Have a marketing and business plan
• Management/Self-management team with proven history
• History of commitment to touring nationally and/or internationally
• Industry Recognition (nominations, awards, etc.)
A complete delegate list will be available prior to the conference for participating artists. Business meetings between delegates and artists/managers will be arranged during the conference. The primary focus for this initiative will be for artists who have recent recordings. The genres that will be featured are primarily roots/folk and pop/rock. If you do not fit into either of those categories you are still invited to submit, but those will take priority.
As with other Music PEI programs, you must be a PEI resident to be eligible. The primary artist and/or the majority of the group must have a permanent address in Prince Edward Island or the primary artist or registered company pays income tax to the Province of Prince Edward Island. A proof of residency form is attached to the Submission form.
If you feel you meet the eligibility criteria, please contact the Music PEI office for an application form. If you are selected you will be required to have a current Music PEI membership. If you have an up to date Sonic Bids page you are not required to supply the support material but may be asked to provide a copy of your most recent CD. You MUST also have an updated Music PEI profile listing. Please check your listing here. http://www.musicpei.com/lounge/
Please insure you complete all areas of the attached submission form.
Deadline for submissions is May 14, 2010 at 5:00 pm. All submissions must be received at the Music PEI office by then to be eligible. Applications may be submitted electronically via email if they include a Sonic Bids page. Applications will be reviewed and selected by an independent jury. If you have any additional inquiries please contact Rob Oakie at email@example.com.